6.15.2005

We're all sick!

If you're one of those people who never go to the doctor because you feel just fine, let me tell you something - you're sick, you just don't know it yet! I'm sure you're suffering from acute polyarthritic hemophobic Sucker-Williams colonoscopic disease. If you go to the doctor, and tell him that you're having trouble feeling sick, staying in bed, or trouble a. overeating, or b. undereating, you must have numerous maladies and will be prescribed medication which will, in turn, cause you to have a real, bona fide problem.

I read in the paper today that athletes were being diagnosed with having exercise-induced asthma. It caught my eye because a few months ago I thought that I should probably try not to weigh as much as a small elephant, and subsequently started exercising at the Y.
I went to the doctor a few weeks later and complained about dizziness and shortness of breath after exercising.(yes, I know I complain about everything and am always thinking I have an impending heart attack) Anywho, he told me I had exercise-induced asthma, and prescribed me an Advair inhaler. Now, if he was a not-so-tactful doctor, he would have told me that I am just too lazy and fat to be trying to run on the treadmill. But, instead, he tells me I have asthma. Why do we always have to be diagnosed with something? I think that if I were just a little more nutso than I am now, I would've happily accepted my new status as an Asthmatic. Maybe I could have applied for a handicapped placard on the basis that walking all the way into Wal-Mart from a NORMAL parking space would cause me undue stress and thus trigger an asthma attack. Hey, maybe it's not too late!

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Secret Agent Mama said...

OMG, finally someone else who is in a state of perpetual heart attack. Phew. I think I might be ok, after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home